The Fairfax News has bad news for commuters who park at the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride. You might want to arrive a little earlier after next weekend.
Sections of garage will close March 31 through approximately September 1 as part of a maintenance project.
The project consists of four phases:
- Each phase consists of a section that includes all levels of the garage
- Approximately 450 of the 1,745 parking spaces will be unavailable during each phase
- As phases are completed, affected spaces will reopen and the next phase will close
- Each phase will take about six weeks to complete
- Customers will be notified when a new phase is underway