Late last night, a Honda was stolen from a neighbor’s driveway. If anyone saw or heard anything suspicious in the vicinity of Monterey Estates, Bradley Farms, Monroe Manor, or Fox Mill Estates, please contact the Fairfax County Police Department at 703-691-2131. Thank you!
When purchasing candy for Halloween, consider offering alternatives to candy. With the growing number of kids with food allergies (peanuts, gluten, dairy, and more), candy might not be an option for them. Food Allergy Research & Education’s Teal Pumpkin Project is encouraging families to offer alternatives to candy for kids who have these allergies. You can download and print a flyer to post on your door to encourage kids to visit your house!
Note that this doesn’t mean that you can’t also hand out candy. Who knows, maybe other kids will also want alternatives to candy. I know I personally loved the houses that handed out pennies or nickels instead when I was a kid! Stickers were also a hit. A dentist in our neighborhood hands out tattoos, and my own kids can’t wait to put them on every year.
For more information about the Teal Pumpkin Project, what you can do to help, and to download a flyer, visit the FARE website.
The housing season is slowing down, which is typical for this time of year. According to the web site zillow.com, just five properties in Oak Hill are having open houses this weekend. Prices range from $375,500 for a condo on Venturi Lane to $639,990 for a four bedroom, four bath single family home on Lake Shore Drive.
In Oak Hill:
- 13800 block of Redskin Drive, near Towerview Road and McLearen Road, property reported stolen from business.
- 4300 block of Chantilly Shopping Center, Dulles Expo area, merchandise reported stolen from business.
- 1900 block of Belmont Ridge Court, near South Lakes Drive and Sunrise Valley Drive, laptop reported stolen from vehicle.
In Oak Hill:
- 2600 block of Meadow Hall Drive, off Monroe Street between Fox Mill Road and West Ox Road, purse reported stolen from vehicle.
- 4300 block of De Haven Drive, off Lees Corner Road south of Lee Jackson Highway, bicycle reported stolen from residence.
- 5200 block of Walney Road, area in or around Ellanor C. Lawrence Park, purse and laptop computer reported stolen from vehicle.
- BURGLARY, 11700 block of North Shore Drive, community opposite Ivy Oak Square, 08/26/14. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 11800 block of Dunlop Court, east of Hunters Woods Village Center, wallet reported stolen from residence.
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston International Center area, merchandise reported stolen from business.
In Oak Hill:
- 2300 block of Meadow Willow Circle, near Fox Mill Road and Sunrise Valley Drive, bicycle reported stolen from residence.
- 4900 block of Stonecroft Boulevard, near intersection with Westfield Boulevard, keys reported stolen from residence.
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive:
- Boxes of candies from business
- Lighter from business