2014 is coming to a close (where did the time go??), and there is still time to make donations to charities so it can count on your 2014 tax return.
Here are some options:
- Council for the Arts in Herndon
- DonorsChoose.org – donate to help teachers get supplies and technology for their classrooms. A number of local classrooms need your help!
- Fancy Cats Rescue
- Friends of Homeless Animals
- Herndon-Reston FISH
- LINK Against Hunger
- Our Daily Bread
- SHARE Annual Giving - Support the Girl Scouts of the Nation’s Capital’s mission to support girl programs, leader training, financial assistance, and camping
If you have some items to donate, there’s still time if you drop them off:
- Goodwill in Herndon (Donation center closing at 8pm)
- Habitat for Humanity RESTORE in Chantilly (call for hours)
- Treasure Hound in Chantilly (call for hours)
If you know of other local charities, please contact me so I can update this post!