This November 4th, voters will be required to show a valid photo ID in order to vote. What does that mean?
A Valid Photo ID is one of the following:
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Valid Virginia DMV issued Veteran’s ID card
- Valid United States Passport
- Other government-issued photo identification cards (must be issued by US Government, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or a political subdivision of the Commonwealth
- Valid college or university student photo identification card (must be from an institution of higher education located in Virginia)
- Employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer’s business
- Virginia Voter Photo ID Card obtained through any local general registrar’s office
Voters without a photo ID will be offered a provisional ballot. For additional information about the new rules, and how to get a photo ID if you don’t already have one, please visit the Virginia Department of Elections website.