You’ll need more than your running shoes to see more than a few of these open houses in Oak Hill tomorrow. Here’s a listing from the zillow.com real estate web site of all 25. Prices range from $305,000 for a 2 bedroom, 3 bath condo on Quick Street to $1,800,000 for a 5 bedroom, 5 bath, 6591 square feet house on Winter Wren Court.
- 12000 block of Town Square, Reston Town Center, a 2011 Toyota Corolla was reported stolen
- 12400 block of Casbeer Drive, near Monument Drive and Fair Ridge Drive, wallet reported stolen from vehicle
- 13000 block of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, ring reported stolen from vehicle
In Oak Hill:
- BURGLARY, 2400 block of Clover Field Circle, near Frying Pan Road and Fox Mill Road, 7/19/14. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- In Fox Mill Estates, these are probably the burglaries alluded to yesterday:
- BURGLARY, 12800 block of Kettering Drive, 7/20/14. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- BURGLARY, 2700 block of Viking Drive, 7/20/14. A resident reported someone entered the garage and took property.
- Same block, near Monroe Street and West Ox Road:
- 13300 block of Point Rider Lane, cash reported stolen from vehicle
- 3300 block of Point Rider Lane, money reported stolen from vehicle
- 4900 block of Westone Plaza, money reported stolen from business
- 3800 block of Lightfoot Street, Sully Plaza area near the Comfort Suites, property reported stolen from residence
- BURGLARY, 1700 block of Ascot Way, northeast of Reston Town Center. A resident reported someone entered the apartment and took property.
- Two similar crimes near Extra Space Storage:
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, catalytic converter reported stolen from vehicle
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, exhaust system reported stolen from vehicle
From the Fox Mill Estates web site:
We have received numerous reports of spray painting vandalism, break ins to cars and also a garage. Earrings, iPods, money and a garage door opener have been taken. The stolen garage door opener was used to break into a garage. To the best of my knowledge, all the cars that were broken into were unlocked. The Reston Police have been notified and are investigating.Be sure to LOCK the doors to your home and your cars.Be vigilant and PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE to call the police if you notice anything suspicious. Consider removing any garage openers and EZ pass clickers from your car when parked outside. Any additional information regarding your experiences or any concerns that need to be reported for the benefit of the safety of our community can be directed to:
Brooke at: neig...@fmeha.org
In Oak Hill:
- 2500 block of John Eppes Road, near McNair Farms Drive and Centreville Road, purse reported stolen from vehicle
- 3200 block of Kinross Circle, bicycles reported stolen from “business”. Kinross Circle is off Centreville Road between McLearen Road and West Ox Road. Umm, no business here, just houses.
- If you read these regularly you know what comes next. Here we go again: 4300 block of Chantilly Shopping Center, merchandise reported stolen from business.
- 14200 block of Sullyfield Circle, property reported stolen from business
- 12100 block of Monument Drive, near intersection with West Ox Road, documents and cash reported stolen from residence
- 12000 block of Ridge Knoll Drive, near Penderbrook Drive, purse reported stolen from vehicle
- 13300 block of Apgar Place, near Hutchison Elementary School, license plate reported stolen from vehicle
- 2200 block of Astoria Circle, off Innovation Drive, Yamaha YZSR6 motorcycle reported stolen
- 2400 block of Green Range Drive, Dogwood area, clothing from “business”. Business? No businesses here, just homes.
- 12100 block of Sunset Hills Road, near intersection with Town Center Parkway, money reported stolen from business
- 2100 block of Westglade Court, near Sunrise Valley and Glade Drive, license plates reported stolen from vehicle
If you believe in buying locally, consider touring some of the eighteen open houses in Oak Hill this weekend. Prices range from $369,900 for a townhouse on Coppermine Drive with four bedrooms and two baths to $1,800,000 for a 5 bedroom, 5 bath, 6591 square foot house on Winter Wren Court.
From our fire department. The house is located near Lawyers Road and McLearen Road.
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a house fire Friday, July 18, 2014, at approximately 1:50 a.m., in the Herndon area of Fairfax County. The single-family home is located at 12432 Wendell Holmes Road.
Firefighters encountered smoke coming from the attic area of the two-story home upon arrival. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in a second floor bathroom. Three adults have been displaced. Red Cross is supporting one of the occupants. There were no injuries.
Damage is to be determined.
The accidental fire was caused by a bathroom ventilation fan.